2010年9月21日星期二

how can I FORMAT MY C:drive?

My computer freezes constantly so I thought the individual option is to reformat my C:drive but I dont really know how to turn about the formating.Pleace relief me!

how can I FORMAT MY C:drive?

boot the pc by booting disc and command format C: you can format the c drive..
To format a disk

If the disk you want to format is a floppy disk, insert it into its drive. Otherwise, skip to step 2.

Open My Computer, and afterwards click the disk you want to format.

On the File menu, point to the name of the floppy drive, and consequently click Format.

Specify the following options:

Capacity

File system

Allocation element size

Volume label

Quick Format

Enable Compression (NTFS only)

Create an MS-DOS startup disk

Click Start.

Important



Formatting a disk erases adjectives information on that disk.
If you want to install windows xp, only insert the CD restart computer window format and install by itself,just follow instructions.
Do NOT, repeat, Do NOT reformat. You will lose everything on your complex drive including the Operating System, so I won't tell you how to do it!!!

I have this problem once, the fault be not in my O/S but the not easy drive itself.

Buy a new, bigger HD and reinstall the O/S.

As a later resort, try a new frozen drive, be sure the new drive is designated as a slave (the store clerk should know how to do it).

If he/she doesn't, find another store :-), seriously, instructions next to the new drive will show you the proper PIN settings to produce it a slave.

Install the new drive, reboot and verbs the needed files to the new drive.

Good luck.

没有评论:

发表评论