2010年9月21日星期二

How can I fix my external harddrive?

I bought this Prestigio Externo external harddrive in a foreign country last month. It's be working fine since then. But immediately, when I pug the US cable, it doesn't appear on the My computer list. Other stuff that I plug on the USB slot works fine. 2 of my previous mp3 players acted alike way formerly. I think it's because of the weather/temperature. Does the coldness freeze the machines? Or is it cuased by other problems and how can I fix it? Thanks surrounded by advance!

How can I fix my external harddrive?

You enjoy some settings on your computer that have gone out of whack on you. Here's a intertwine to a Microsoft program that should solve your problem!
When you disconnect the drive (or the other USB items for that matter), do you always use the button at the bottom of the eyeshade to "Safely Remove Hardware" ?



I suspect the drive's boot section is worn out. I had a friend who tattered the firmware or bootable sector on the device by just pulling it out of the USB slot whenever he be done. One day, I'm not sure if it be still writing to the drive when he grabbed it out, but after that point the USB keychain would not work within any USB port on any computer.



Someone made a suggestion in another posting: Try plugging it contained by to a USB 1.0 port and see if it still works there. Sometimes the USB 2.0 ports won't read it, but the USB 1.0 might still be capable of salvage something off that drive.

没有评论:

发表评论